Whether it’s for fun or for serious business use, you don’t disagree that Face swapping between two photos is an art. It’s also a very innovative graphic design work. If you are new to Photoshop, then your learning is not finish yet with at least one Face Swapping or Morphing job. Sometimes it’s a great way to make fun of your friends or make them feel special or give them a bit of surprise or maybe you are planning for a great haircut or hairstyle that suits you best, then face swapping on Photoshop is your best solution.
Face Morphing and Swapping also has serious demand in the printing industry like magazine, newspaper, movie poster, banner, etc. Although there is a question is it ethical or not, Swap faces birthday cards and face swap Christmas cards are very popular. Though there is an ethical question about face swap, there are also lots of people who want face swap animals, face swap baby, face swap with dog, and many more. Regarding this fact, we have created here a face swap tutorial that must
be very helpful for beginners.
There is a little difference between Face Morphing and Face Swapping in Photoshop. Face swapping is as like replacing almost all of the pixels in the original face. On the other hand Face Morphing can mean stitching and blending some of the pixels of the both faces. In this article we have mainly focused on Face Swapping only. But, for readers we have used Face Swapping and Face Morphing as synonymous to each other so that readers can understand it properly.
There are a lot of face swap apps available on the internet, but if you try with these face swap online apps, there is a possibility of face swap fails most often. Considering the performance of the face swap technology, Photoshop is the best for face swap service. This very face swap editor has a bunch of tools and options which will provide you quality and ease service during swap faces from two different photos while giving you the best face swapping experience. There is a lot of software on face swap such as GIMP, Lightroom, After Effects or various apps in Snapchat, etc. but Photoshop will be easier for the beginners.
Get a quote
within 30 minutes
Here I am discussing the whole process step by step:
- At first you have to select two same alignment images you want to face swap in Photoshop. We have taken two images of American President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin for this face swap tutorial purpose.
- Open the two images in Photoshop in two different tabs (Look at the snapshot we have pointed out with red arrow below). We keep the image of Trump in the first tab and there is the photo of Putin in the second tab. Now, we like to swap Putin’s face on Trump’s face. That is why, we open Trump image in the first tab and the other is in the second tab.
- Zoom (Ctrl +) the first photo and duplicate the layer as we have shown in the image below.
- Next, go to the second image and create path around the only face leaving hair and ear using Pen Tool. Finishing creating the path, press Ctrl + Enter to have selection the path and copy by pressing Ctrl + C. We have shown the image below for your better understanding.
- Now Go to the first image and take a new layer from the layer panel and pressing Ctrl + V, paste that face you have copied from the second image. You can follow the snapshot below.
- Now, select Move tool and tick on the check box of Auto-select and Show Transform Controls. Then, select the copied-face layer and reduce opacity so that you can see bottom layer through it. This opacity changing will help you to place the face on the right position- eyes on eyes and nose on nose.
- By pressing Ctrl, click on the thumbnail of layer 1 to have selection and make 100%, the opacity of layer 1 that you reduced while adjusting.
- Now you have to adjust face on the background layer (we renamed) and so. Go to Select menu from the top menu. Then, take the cursor on Modify from the dropdown, and click on the Contract. A new dialogue box will appear and provide 10 pixel property (It depends on your image). Finally, click on Ok and you can see that the face you taken from the second image will get fixed on the background image.
- Click on the Background layer and press Backspace to make the adjustment face transparent. Before getting the transparent face, make sure you have hidden the first layer. You can follow the below snapshot.
- Now, pressing Ctrl + D, deselect the adjustment face and by holding Ctrl, click on the two layers together- background layer and layer 1 for selecting.
- Now, in this stage we will blend two faces together and that’s why go to Edit from the top menu bar. You will get a dropdown and click on the Auto-Blend Layer. Remember, you should make visible and keep selected the top face.
- A pop-up box will appear. Click on the Panorama and provide tick-mark on the check-box of Seamless Tones and Colors and finally click o
- Finally, you will feel the magic. Automatically, two layers of two faces will be blended and you will get your desired result. Look at the image below.
And it’s time to final output (Trumputin)
This is all about swap face using Photoshop. There are many other image swapping tools but those may not produce desired quality face swap photos. So we recommend Photoshop which is the best face swap tool that can product professional face swap image. You can use it as a beginner and professional.